Friday, March 25, 2011

Wonders Never Cease

So lately I've been painting "outside the pot" as it were for the first time. Back when I began this hobby and up until now I've always just dipped my brush into the paint pot to varying results. But lately I'd been pulling out a little paint and actually thinning it out a little with water to get a better consistency to spread over the model. Also giving me more control of how much I put on the brush. But I was running into the problem of everything outside the pot drying out quicker than I'd like and wasting paint.

After doing some research, and a quick trip to Pick 'N Save I whipped up this little wonder.

The Wet Palette

And thus far, I'm loving the results. I pulled out a good bit of Mechrite Red to do the power armor on a Khorne Berzerker and suffered none of the drying out I was experiencing even while doing the interior of the Stormraven. Supposedly with it sealed like this it can last for days or longer, time will tell. If people are interested I'll do a short tutorial on what materials you need and what to do (really simple).

So no progress on the Stormraven today as I was up way too early on my day off to head to Menards to take advantage of a very nice deal on a 42" LED thin as hell HD TV. Five hundred bucks for a MSRP $1200 TV? Yes, thank you sir. After taking a midday nap I also headed down to Rockhead's to grab me a Daemon Prince for my Chaos Space Marines army as I've finally grown tired of the old 40 mm based  fantasy model I'd been using. The new kit looks like a nice imposing Daemon Prince should, on a 60 mm base. I'll post pics once I put it together. Also grabbed a game I'd been waiting to come out: Nightfall. Its a deck building game based around heavy player interaction, which is one of the problems I've had with Dominion and its ilk. At times its like playing multiplayer solitare, I can't wait to try this game out, I'm also a fan of its modern horror war motif.

No comments:

Post a Comment